Friday, November 6, 2009

Drink

H20
An essential for life
Probably the most basic need we have.

We can go up to three weeks without food,
But we can only last three days without water.

Our body is 70% water.
The earth is made up of 70-75% water.

We can't live without it.

I stumbled upon Psalm 42 this morning:

“I want to drink God!! Deep draughts of God. I'm thirsty for God-alive.”

Then I skipped to another verse:

“Many words rush along like rivers from a flood, but deep wisdom flows up from artesian springs.”

You know I'm a food snob, preferring Marks & Spencers and Whole Foods to Tesco and Walmart.

And I'm a snob spiritually.

I don't want to have a relationship with God, and just listen to those people around me, taking advice that comes from rivers - long, dirty, generic...
I want the heart of God from artisan springs - refined, classy, special....

I don't drink tap water – I prefer Evian!!

My heart is that we would have the BEST...God came for us to have abundant life, this full amazing Evian, artesian spring life.

And today I want us all to drink that.

We could get wasted on vodka and have an awesome high but feel the pain
The hangover
The downward fall
The next day.

Or we could get wasted on God's water, and have it in us
Continually
Abundantly
Each moment
Each day in each situation.

I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. I have never been an engineer.
I probably haven’t said anything life-changingly new.

My intention is to remind us of the basics.

Food.
Clothing.

Water.

God said to Gideon: "Everyone who laps with his tongue, the way a dog laps, set on one side. And everyone who kneels to drink, drinking with his face to the water, set to the other side." Three hundred lapped with their tongues from their cupped hands. All the rest knelt to drink.

God said to Gideon: "I'll use the three hundred men who lapped at the stream. All the rest may go home."

Taking a drink of a water...well a milkshake,
but the metaphor is still there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment