Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Open

Touchdown landing
In a place I don’t recognize.
New people bustle around my new home
Bare feet hit earth unfelt before
Tingling, surprised, nervous.
This is it.

Horizon stretches far beyond the eye
Free from constraints, free from your man-made boundaries
your legalistic rules
your fence
your laws.

I step into it.

I tried to run but invisible string kept me back
From what I wanted
What I saw
What my hearts passion cried out for.

But those strings no longer will rule.

My feet, bare yet scarred
Walk that first
Timid
Step.

Anxiety seeks to devour me
But your bite marks will not consume me
Nor rule me

In your freedom I walk
In this new space
Wide place
Open path
Broad dream

And You smile.

(Poem inspired by reading: Psalm 31 v 8, Psalm 18 v 9 & Psalm 18 v 36)

No comments:

Post a Comment