Friday, December 10, 2010

River

My eyes look into
Judging eyes staring
Back
Daggers of disgust
Shock

Shame racks my body
I turn in fear
To give in
“I’ll just wait”
the pain is easier to bear
than the disdain of my peers

Your clammy hand
That’s “been there, done that”
Stretches forth
And grabs my
Dry
Scared palm

River waves rush up
Their eyes still look
But I still
Walk.

You hand makes me
Protected
Fearless
Invisible
Your hand brings me
Confidence
Freedom
Life.

“You can go now” I say
and push you away
But no
You are in this for the long haul
By my side you stay
For what feels like forever
And a day
Until

Relief.

Hands still holding we walk back
Facing the eyes
We walk back to the shore
Get in our boat
And paddle into a
New adventure

Yet
Our story
Still follows us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment