Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life

Whenever it’s
That time of the month
Mr Red
Surfing the crimson tide
The painters are in

Amidst the cramps, pain, nausea and restless nights sleep, there is one thought that stops me cursing the day I was born with a uterus.

“This happens because, one day, life will come from me”

One day all this will be worth it because a tiny little fetus will grow inside of me, to be birthed (in literally a bloody mess) and come to be a part of this world

I will bring life.

I recently wrote on a status update that my motivation to go the gym was that I wanted “my baby to stay in the Hilton, not the Holiday Inn”; I want my body to be in the best shape possible so that it provides a luxurious environment for growth

I want my body to create an arena for the best life possible.

As women, we bring forth life.

We are intentionally created by Father God as
Caring
Loving
Kind
Hospitable

There is a reason we notice
That spot on the floor
The wet towels left out
The child who hasn’t been fed
The attempt at covering up bruises and cut marks on an arm
The person in the room who hasn’t been said “hello” to yet
The sadness in our friends eyes even though “everything’s fine”

Because we are made to bring life.

I have a beautiful friend who recently miscarried…ever had a situation where you felt like you fell short of bringing life, you didn’t say that word of encouragement, you didn’t stop the bullying, you didn’t defend that person…

I have another friend who after years of infertility issues is eagerly awaiting a precious baby boy as the due date looms just a week away…that feeling of life just ready to burst out, as you sing a song that blesses everyone, or you invite a sad friend over for dinner, or carefully wrap a present for a friend’s birthday…

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

You may be struggling to believe your life is anything special, or going anywhere, but there is a continual hope, a comfort that you will bring life.

You will make a difference.
You will birth that child.
You will get that job.
You will say the right thing.
You will make a great wife.

Each day brings a reminder
as we sit down
(rather than stand)
to pee:

“I was made to bring life”

In my words, my cooking, my work, my texts, my cleaning, my status updates, my studies, my ironing, my love for those around me…

The thief came to steal self-confidence, kill joy and destroy families; to ruin and break down relationships, tear apart hearts, but we, as women, join in the work of Jesus, and come to bring life in all its abundance and glory and brilliance, inspiring hope and happiness to all those we come in contact with.

You
Bring
Life.
A beautiful picture of life...
...Jemi was just 17 hours old in this picture!!


No comments:

Post a Comment