Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Course


Course

We like quick fix
Fast
Drive thru’
Microwave
Instant
Speedy
Abbrv.

We want solutions
Answers
Action
Change
Difference

But yet can’t embrace process
Method
Time
Patience

We dig for secrets
Shortcut
Hidden
Loophole

Slam head against dead end.

Before you, us, all
Is a path
Road
Pilgrimage
Journey

It will finish when it is supposed to
The long adoption
The long job wait
The long period of singleness
The long feeling of grief
The long time ‘til moving
The long volunteer work experience
The long disease
The long uncertainty

“I will run the course of your commandments
You shall enlarge my heart.”

As I endure this
My heart grows
Learns
Responds
Adapts
Pursues

More of that which I am in need of

I am changed.
Course end reveals
Cocoon shell
Empty
No longer harbouring the old self
But new flying free
New large heart
Full with lesson learnt
And I learn to like it slow.

If I go too fast
Who knows what I might miss.



No comments:

Post a Comment