Sunday, September 5, 2010

Accra

24 hours in Ghana is a like a lifetime of fun, beauty, joy, spirit-filled wonderful ness...I already know there will be tears leaving this amazing place with these beautiful people...


I feel something is coming...I have got words from Father that I am desperate to share with these guys but already I am learning so much from them, especially the Ghanaians - they have a strong, deep connection with Father and it overspills with enthusiasm to all around


I really feel that Father is going to show me more of Himself - I already feel as if He has - I don't want a "mission trip high" where I come and experience this and go back excited for a few days and then it fades like a cheap fake tan...I want something that deeply and eternally changes me.


At Accra airport after no immigration or customs problems, we were greeted by several of the team. As we left the airport, the haggling, bartering and people desperate to push your cart in return for some cedi (ghanaian currency) reminded me of Jamaica this summer and the desperation of peole to make money - for some i imagine their fulltime job is loitering, hopign to get a few lucky breaks from wealthy tourists or locals.


As we arrived at the guest house (where all 20 apprentices, directors and support staff have been and will continue to stay for training) i was impressed that they all came down to greet us despite our late arrival - some were even in pyjamas.


A culture, it seems, has already been set, of honouring your leaders, and I already feel a great sense of appreciation that we are here, when I feel appreciative of this honour to be with them.


Over a late dinner some of the team gave their first impressions.


1. I LOVED their hearts and willingness to share. 
2. It is evident that Ghana is a prayer-drive, spirit-filled environment - some of the team wake at 2am or 4am to pray together (the Ghanaian team members only - the "foreigners" are getting over their jetlag/getting used to such passion at all times of day).


Warned that church would be three hours long, four and a half hours into the service I was still dancing away, making notes, taking pictures, clapping my hands, excited and enthralled by the dancing in the aisles in celebration of giving offering or just sheer joy, the amazing professionalism and skill of the worship team, as well as their willingness to go with the flow of the spirit, the passion of the pastor as they introduced the Pais teams on stage...wow...I don't understand why every church in the world doesn't worship like this when we claim to believe in the same God as these people.


Tomorrow sees Steve, Gail and I each deliver our first sessions...EXCITED to get going and just pour into the beautiful team!!


Thanks to God for:


  • Picked up the right "Gail" (Gail is joining us from Accrington in England - 40-year-old married mother of one, never been to Africa, doesn't know that much about Pais, ex-school teacher, saw Paul advertise that he wanted someone to help with Pais:Ghana training and responded after her trip to Mozambique was cancelled, dead excited, a real asset to the team!!)
  • Safe arrival
  • Baggage all came
  • The team is AMAZING
  • Fantastic time in church today - Harvest Chapel International, a new partner church in Accra - EXTREMELY welcoming and excited to have Pais
  • Great unity/cohesion with the team
Things to pray for:
  • Safety & health, for us and the new apprentices acclimatizing to Ghana
  • Unity amongst the team
  • Excellence, clarity & energy in the teaching of our seminars
  • Support for Mawunyo
  • Inspiring 1st year apprentices to rise up early on and commit to staying for more than a year on Pais in Ghana
  • Great talks with Mawunyo and Royalhouse Chapel International pastors about future plans
  • Seeing more of God
  • Openness to whatever Father would speak to us about
Thanks so much to all the supporters who gave financially to make this possibility - believe me your money isn't being wasted!!

Wish you could be here...but pray that my notes will open your eyes to see more than just these words. 

HUGS

LOVE YOU ALL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment