Saturday, February 12, 2011

Listen


How do you think God speaks to you?
“I don’t know.”
If you don’t know, then how can you hear Him??

Sometimes its just that gut feeling
“I should go there”
“I shouldn’t speak to them”
“I should go and check they are fine”
“I should call them up”
Just a quiet whispering
A quiet feeling
Of the next step
That sense of security

Maybe it’s repetition
That number “2” you see over again
The clock is always “37 minutes past” when you look at it
The same person serving you at the grocery store each time you go up

It’s the thing that makes your heartbeat rise,
Given you goosebumps
Frustrates you
The news report
The TV show
The magazine article
The local protest

It’s all saying
Go
Move
Do
Act

It’s all
Listening.

The voice of Father creams through the thunder and lightning
And whispers through the cold day breeze

It’s all one

It’s all talk

It’s all for you to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment