Thursday, June 30, 2011

Release


Completely wiped from travelling but decided that I have to really press in and push in my writing, regardless of what is happening and how I feel…

there is release in my writing, release from the jumbled thoughts that don’t get out during the day
words that others can’t hear, words that I haven’t fully processed
release from thinking that I am crazy and no one feels the same way about things as I do
release from shouting above the crowds to be heard
release to not put on constraints or align with someone else
release to speak out the things that Father is pressing on me

I feel pressed right now.
Pressed with so much, so many thoughts going on, so much planning
And planning leads to worry
Because as I plan
I place expectations
Expectations of how things are going to work out
Expectations of how I will be, you will be, others will be
Expectations
That when shattered
Shatter a part of me
5.9 Richter scale
reminiscent of time in Nicaragua
where all was fine
and then all was shaken
ending unknown
panic gripped
fear took over

and now I worry
what will I eat
what will I wear
what will be my home
what will my “career” be
and I know you Father God
take care of the birds in the air
and I am person
made from your image
you delight in me
love overwhelming
hold future that seems so unclear and distant
in tiny cell of steady hand palm

yet nothing lifts the worry

Do I really know you?

For you are love and perfect love casts out all fear and so in the knowing of you, I know love and therefore I know
No fear

Yet fear and I walk hand in hand
On-again, off-again lovers
Who cannot be prized apart

Do I really trust you?

Do I really take your word and implant it not just in my head, but within the steely depths of my heart and keep it there safe so that it isn’t just words, it is who I am, it is me, it is my belief?

I can see you in others
And bring words of comfort to them
And show them you
In your fullness of glory

But is it really your fullness
If I am not full of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment