Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Risk

The flimsy fabric hung out to dry
Hung out on the line
Out in the open
The stark sun shines straight through
The drizzle of rain dampens and wrinkles

Transparent.

On the stage for all to see
Stepping out to who knows what response
Belting out ‘Delta Dawn,’
revealing what’s beneath

Exposed.

Like gold refined
I am burnt in the fire
Destroyed by agonies
Purified into something more
Laid out bare.

Vulnerable.

There must have been a day
When I stepped out from behind the curtain
When my hand raised up
I decided to speak bold
And once I started
Rollercoaster never ending
Looped and looped
Country to country
City and towns
Camps and fields
To speak aloud

this generation screams
loud from the rooftops
seeking authenticity
search party sent out
running hectic from street to street
desperate for truth
desiring the real


And I said,
“Here I am Lord
Speak for your servant is listening
Send me
To proclaim good news to your people.”

Cut open eyes
That you may see the beauty around
See through the pain that blinds.

Tear through limbs
For as you stumble
I seek to uplift, to carry.

Dissect the heart
In the hope others will hear the beat of life
Once again.

Transplant me Father into the lives of others
May I not live
For myself alone
For greater love has no man than this
That he would lay down his life for another
So I lay down my pen
Fingers to print
And lay it bare
So we may all be healed.

“Thank you for your honesty, it inspires me”
“Your honesty is powerful”
“I love reading your notes, because you are so transparent”
“Thanks for sharing this”
“Just what I needed to hear”
“In the middle of all this, you can still write that”
“Your vulnerability and honesty has healing power in it to bring release & wholeness to others!”

my words are yours, dear reader
my thoughts are shared with you

“Yes we all have bumps and scars, but you make it beautiful to have them all”

“Beautiful indeed”
as we lay ourselves bare.

There is no reward
Without a risk.

----------

All quotes in “italics” are comments I have received for my writing.
Thank you for your continual encouragement as I seek to serve you all, and serve Father God through my writing.
I pray everyday that I would be some sort of blessing to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment